Create a Subscribe Form
There are a number of ways leads can find their way into Womplify, such as via the API, but a subscribe form is probably the most common method to collect an email address and any other details required.
In this article you will learn how to build a subscribe form using the WYSIWYG editor and how to turn that form into an embeddable snippet of code that you can easily place on your site.
To create a subscribe form, you will need:
- A mailing list created to which leads can subscribe.
- An idea of what fields you want to add to your form, for example email address and name.
Note: a form should generally contain at least one field to collect an email address, however you can add many other fields to suit your requirements. All data collected in all the fields you add to a form, will be added to the lead record.
How to Create a Subscribe Form
There are two steps to create the ideal subscribe form. The first is to design the form itself, using the simple visual form editor. The second step is to turn that form into an embeddable code, linked to a specific mailing list, which can then be used on your pages.
Step 1: Build a Form
- On the left menu, click Campaigns and then click Forms (see Figure 1).
- On the Forms page, in the Forms box, click the + button.
- In the Form Item popup, enter a Title, Tags (optional), and Form Body:
– In the Form Body editor menu, click the Templates button and then select Subscription Form.
– A basic form will be automatically added to the editor which you can modify to add more fields, or use as is.
– Click the Source button if you want to edit the HTML directly.
- Click the Create button.
A simple HTML form has been built and now you should create a form embed.
Figure 1. Create Subscription Form.
Step 2: Create an Embed for the Form
- On the left menu, click Campaigns and then click Forms (see Figure 2).
- On the Forms page, in the Form Embeds box, click the + button OR in the Forms box, in the right column, click the Embed Form button.
- In the Form Embed popup, select Embedding Format, enter a Title, Tags (optional), select a mailing List and then select the Form you wish to embed.
- Click the Create button. Your form embed is created and now appears in the Form Embeds list.
- Paste the embed code on to any page on your site to begin collecting leads.
Figure 2. Create Form Embed Code.