Create a New Email Message
When you have created a mailing list (because that’s where the money is, after all), you will need to create messages for sending to that list. These messages can be one time, scheduled posts which are sent to all your existing subscribers, or they can be sent based on defined triggers, or they can be part of an auto-responder sequence and be sent to every new subscriber in future.
In this article you will learn how to create a new email message for using with your lists.
To create a new email message, you will need:
- A mailing list to use it with (you can create the list afterwards and add your new message to it at any time).
How to Create a Message
To create a new email message for using with your mailing lists:
- On the left menu, click Campaigns and then click Messages (see Figure 1).
- On the Messages page, click the + button.
- In the Message Item popup, enter a Title (email subject), Tags (optional), Message Type (currently just email is supported).
- In the Message Body section, enter your message text and use the format buttons accordingly.
- To paste in or edit HTML directly, click the Source button. Click it again to switch back to visual mode.
- Optionally check Custom Delay-After? and define the delay if you wish to alter the default delay for the following message in a sequence.
- Click the Create button and the message will appear in the Messages list and can now be added to Lists in the Audience section.
Note: you can mouseover any of the buttons on the editor to see their full title so you know what they do.
Now that you have created an email message, you can add it to a mailing list, either for a one time posting or as part of an auto-responder sequence.
Figure 1. Create a New Email Message.